Ubisoft is releasing an RPG game in 2014 called Child of Light, featuring a female protagonist. Like most games with female protagonists, it’s getting almost NO marketing and therefore no hype! Check it out, share it around. It looks really cute and I think we ALL want more video games with female protagonists to succeed!
Things you should know about Child of Light, other than the above:
- It is coming out on April 30th for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the US.
- It is coming out for Steam/Uplay outside the US
- It is $14.99
- For a whole RPG
- Everyone has different budgets and this is pretty affordable for many people who game
- If you can spare the cash it is on like every platform
- April 30th! Preorder or save the date.
I’d also like to add that the soundtrack and art direction alone both look fantastic! Even if you don’t want or can’t have the game, please reblog this so fellow artists and musicians alike can see it!
would seriously consider if there was a mac version b/c it looks gorgeous wow
I second that notion about a Mac version. I saw another trailer for this some time ago and totally forgot about it because I assumed I’d be seeing more of it as it got closer to release. And then it disappeared. And now it’s back on my radar and I’m stoked all over again.
In regards to the protag’s gender, I will never understand the negativity and skepticism surrounding female leads. So the wannabe-badass hyper-macho 12-year-old CoD-boners won’t buy it; so what? Games are for everyone, and should be marketed as such. The sexism in the gaming industry has got to go.